Good afternoon residents!
I wanted to thank you all for your cooperation during the vaccine clinics! You all did a great job and have been very patient during the COVID 19 crisis. We must still remain socially distanced until I hear differently from the state. Dining services must remain in the rooms until we are clear to use the elevators at a larger capacity.
We are still all required to wear masks residents and employees included, at all times in the common areas of the facility. We are also still required to socially distance at least six feet apart at all times possible.
There will be a smokers meeting on 2/10/21 at 2pm in the dining room to go over the policy update for COVID 19. All smokers are asked to attend. Please remember that there are only 2 people in the large elevator at a time and 1 person in the small elevator. You must wear a mask covering your nose and mouth.
Staff is still required to get a COVID test weekly. Our last positive facility case of COVID was 1/23. I will check results over the weekend and hopefully we can resume some activities and visitation next week. The announcement will be posted on our website and on our FaceBook page.
Activities must still remain socially distanced and have limited capacity. We miss all of you and can’t wait to get back to a little bit of normal!!
Sheila Turner, Administrator
Good morning Hilton East Community,
We are happy to announce that residents are able to go out with families without having to quarantine upon return! This will be permissible provided there are no positive COVID 19 cases with residents or with a staff member in the last 14 days; families may take residents out of the facility. Please remember to continue safety precautions during your time with your loved one to ensure the safety of our residents and our community. Please call 585-392-7171 and dial 0 to let us know when you plan on picking up your loved one. We will need advanced notice to arrange to have medications available if needed. Please also remember to sign the residents in and out and follow the guidelines from the CDC listed below.
- Wear cloth face coverings, at a minimum, at all times when around your loved one or the general public. This also applies to residents. We have facemasks available at the front desk.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are not immediately available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as active ingredients and rub hands together until they are dry. Always wash hands that are visibly soiled.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes or coughing/sneezing into your elbow/upper sleeve.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with people who are visibly sick and practice physical distancing with coworkers and the public.
- Stay home if sick.
- Recognize personal risk factors. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), certain people, including older adults and those with underlying conditions such as heart or lung disease, chronic kidney disease requiring dialysis, liver disease, diabetes, immune deficiencies, or obesity, are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19.
Please do not visit if you or someone in your household is not feeling well. Our in-house visitation policy is still in place. Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from 1pm to 8 pm. You must call ahead of time to schedule your visit. Thank you for your continued support.
Hilton East Policy for Visitation during COVID-19
It is the policy of Hilton East to adhere to all guidelines provided by New York State and the Federal Government during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hilton East will permit visitors to residents during COVID-19 provided that the following conditions are adhered to:
Visitors must be 18 years or older or accompanied by an adult
Adequate staff is present to assist with the transition of residents, monitoring of visitation, and cleaning and disinfecting the visitation areas after each visit
2 VISITORS PER RESIDENT PERMITTED PER TIME
Hilton East will post conspicuous signage regarding protocols for face mask utilization, hand hygiene practice, and social distancing expectations while visiting. Cues and markings will be adequately placed in visiting areas for social distancing delineations.
All visitors must agree to be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access. The screening will consist of:
- A completed COVID-19 screening questionnaire
- Hand sanitation
- Temperature is taken and logged
- Signed acknowledgment for Hilton East’s Policy on Visitation during COVID-19
Any person unwilling to comply with policy guidelines will not be permitted to remain on the community grounds. Hilton East will maintain documentation of all screening information which will include the visitor’s first and last name, physical address, day and evening phone number, date and time of visit, and email if available. A notation that the visitor cleared the screening process will also be kept on file. No visitor will be permitted to enter or visit if they do not meet all criteria of the screening process.
Each area of visitation will be properly set up to maintain social distancing. Each area will be properly disinfected with an EPA-approved disinfectant before and after each visit. Visitation guidelines will be given to each visitor. Guidelines must be adhered to throughout the entire visit.
Hilton East will ensure there is adequate PPE for residents and visitors. Visitors may choose to wear their own mask or one will be provided to them. Masks must be worn at all times. Visitors will not be permitted anywhere in the facility except for the designated visitation area/areas. All visitations shall be suspended for a minimum of 28 days if a resident or employee has a positive COVID-19 test result. Any COVID positive resident will be denied any visitors and will be in quarantine for at least 14 days.
There will be a limit of 2 people per resident for the visit. In-house visits will be limited to a half-hour and will be on a first come first serve basis. Visitation days will be Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday between the hours of 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm.